The students specifically recognized:
- Dr. Lister, the namesake of our school, for his devotion and support of the idea of educating all students
- Kristi Scarpone for her superior fund-raising talents and guidance
- Amy Smith for her grant writing and enthusiasm
- Kelley-Sue Leblanc for donating her invaluable time to help us with all-things-online
- Martha Fuller Clark for an incredibly generous donation that is covering the airfare for the entire group
- Carmela Mascio for her help in every fundraiser and support in between
- Dick's Sporting Good and Timberland for helping to outfit us
- Jennifer Feals, of the Portsmouth Herald and Seacoast Online, for sharing our story with the larger community
- Stonyfield Farm for a grant that covered all of our transportation costs while in Costa Rica
- New Hampshire Charitable Foundation for a grant that is covering many of our adventure tours including a day of white water rafting and tree planting
- Joe Arnstein for providing us a place to dump all of the leaves that we raked as a fundraiser
- Vicky Avery, from the Stratham Fair, for helping to arrange for us to have a fundraising booth last summer
- The Middle Street Shell Station in Portsmouth for hosting our car wash
- The entire staff and student body at the Robert J Lister Academy, but in particular Ellen Gagnon, Ilysse Sirmaian, and Nancy Roy.
- The students were also very gracious in thanking Jessica and me for our efforts and the relationship that we have developed - I can say that this was an especially emotional moment for us.
As I am now continuing the final preparations for the trip, last night's festivities keep me more inspired than ever. We are now only 5 days away from our departure and are all home today because of an April Fool's Day snow storm - the tropical climate of Costa Rica seems all the more appealing.